New State Law Helps Out Companies Recycle More!
Mandatory commercial recycling law (AB341) effective July 1, 2012
Mt. Diablo Recycling will help your company recycle!
Statewide, our commercial sector generates nearly three fourths of total landfill waste every year. Much of this waste is easily and economically recyclable. With the passage of AB 341, Businesses generating four cubic yards or more of solid waste per week or multifamily residential dwellings of five or more units are now mandated to recycle. The goal of this law is to empower the commercial sector to recycle an additional 2-3 million tons of waste annually by 2020 and beyond.
Mt. Diablo Recycling can help commercial customers get started on new recycling programs or improve existing ones. There are no additional costs! Contact Mt Diablo Recycling at 925-682-4518 from 8:00 to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday for a free recycling compliance review. A Mt. Diablo Recycling representative will visit your site and help you choose the correct level of service that most economically fits your needs.
How people and planet benefit when more recyclables are diverted from the landfill to recycling facilities:
• Pollution and climate relief through lower methane emissions in landfills.
• Improved economy and ecology for California manufacturing plants through smarter conservation & recovery of natural resources – plus more job opportunities.
• Healthier carbon storage in soils from using composted organic waste – which in turn cuts back on the use of fertilizers and pesticides.
• Better attitude and pride among commercial customers, employees and tenants who take responsibility for recycling more and wasting less.
• Bottom-line savings for many customers that lead successful recycling programs.
Please contact Mt. Diablo Recycling today for a waste and recycling review at 925-682-4518.